Verified Reviewer

2.0

Hello, I am a former chilis employee who had major problems at the chilis location I worked at. The manager Katy is very rude and unprofessional.

Every thirty minutes her and all of the managers went out back to smoke for around 10 minutes, making them all unavailable for lots of time during every shift. This includes on Friday and Saturday nights were we were particularly busy. They would 'go missing' all of they time during the day where they weren't outside smoking and no one could find them.

My first week there, when I was still (according to Katy) was supposed to be training, she gave me another person to train. This male was a not-so-kind person.

He had been there for about 45 minutes before someone came and complained about his rude attire to them.

My conversations with him were rude and unprompted. As we were getting to know each other he asked about my home life, which is an odd first question to ask. I had replied that I was in foster care and he followed 'why, because your parents don't love you?' I told my older coworker and left it at that. after that night a very disorderly man came in and I attempted to solve it as long as I could, he then asked for a manager.

It wasn't a busy night so I called her and she said shed be out soon. After I called her it took 30 minutes to come out and address the man who had already physically assaulted me and left. When I talked to her she said she was 'busy' ; however, everyone told me she was sitting there on her phone for 30 minutes watching 'TikTok'. I talked to the manager about the interaction I had with the male I was training, and many other things he had said.

She assured me that something would be done, and i reasonably requested to not be scheduled with him again. She told me that that could be done, and that he would actually probably be terminated. I showed up three days later to find that I had been scheduled with him again. He called me some choice words in front of the manager and she said that i needed to suck it up and deal with it.

After a few other situations with both the manager and this male I decided that it was enough and put in my two weeks.

The next few days were okay and with no problems.

The fourth day back she pulled me into her office with another manager and said 'you cant put in your two weeks because you're fired.' I decided that I would ask why, and she said point blankly that I hadn't finished my online training I showed her on my personal cell that I had completed it and was finished. When I told my other coworkers they were very upset and eventually told off Katy for firing me. She tried to tell me I wouldn't get the previous weeks paycheck, and I told her that I would have to get it or it wouldn't be legal. I am a minor as well and there were times that she would not let me go on break after 4, 5, even 6 hours.

She would hold on to my employee card and clock me out and make me keep working through my break time'.

I really hope you take everything I said, and haven't said, into account. Please feel free to contact me.

User's recommendation: Bad to employees and gross to eat.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Chilis Cons: Bad to employees, Bad manager, People put on wait for no reason, Not worth money, Food is over or under cooked every time.

Comments