Layton, Utah

Went to Chili's in Layton, Utah for a family dinner early on Saturday evening and pulled into a half empty parking lot, so we thought we'd arrived before the dinner rush. When we went into the lobby, we were told there would be a 20 minute wait (and there was), so we sat on a bench next to a half empty seating area (at least 10 tables and booths cleaned up and all ready to go) while our stomachs growled. This isn't the first time this has happened at this particular restaurant, so if there is a valid managerial reason for this nonsense I'd sure like to hear it...

Related: Very unhappy customer with ruined shoes due to Chilis unprofessionalism

Review about: Seating Service.

2.0
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Chilis Parking
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Poor customer service / Not specified
Preferred solution Let the company propose a solution

Had an Experience with Chilis?

Comments

Layton, Utah, United States #1286348

A decent company would communicate with the customers that they are short staffed instead of expecting customers to wait a long time with no explanation.

Most likely they were very short-staffed in the kitchen and were giving the cook(s) a chance to catch up, before bombarding them with more orders. If this is an ongoing thing, you might want to re-think going there.

Servergirl
Saylorsburg, Pennsylvania, United States #885438

Probably short staffed.Just because there is empty tables doesn't mean there is a server for that table.

I'm sure you didn't stave death in 20 min.People are so impatient and have no idea what it takes to work in the restaurant business.