Chilis - Dissaponting Visit To Chili's

Feb 26
review #477165 contact

Tuesday, 02/25/2014

I decided to treat my parents to a long overdue lunch at Chili's today.I had a coupon for a free appetizer, we ordered lunch, dessert drinks and coffee's. We were all having a great time until the gift card I planned to pay with was returned to me & it was explained that the system was down & if I had another form of payment. I asked what would happen if I did not ?

I was told that the managers would have to take it out of their own pockets. My dad feeling terrible if this were to happen started to reach for his wallet & since this was my idea in the first place I paid with my Credit card but I was not at all happy.

It was a great inconvenience to me to have to charge this when I had every intention of using the Chili's Gift card. I can't emphasis the huge inconvenience this is and will be to me . My funds are somewhat limited as I'm sure many others are so we are normaly very thrilled to get a Gift card to a favorite restaurant. This may not be the case from here on however.

I just don't understand how this can be an acceptable policy when the system is down. What would happen if half the customers in the restaurant had planned to use gift cards?

I work in retail myself and there are a number of other ways we would have handled this. Taking the card and holding on to it until the system was back up would have been my first thought.

Needless to say I was shocked & embarrased in front of my parents and wanted them to feel comfortable so I didn't even ask to see a manager.My parents have both suffered strokes recently and to try to explain to them what was happening would have been very taxing for all of us. My visit should have been a memorable one with my parents, a pleasant good memory and not the problem that it has become for me now.

Now I have to come up with $60.00 to pay off my charge card when I had a $50 gift card...I am not at all satisfied with today's visit. (02/25/2014 Tuesday Lunch)

I just want you to be aware of this, I don't know what your standard policy is in a situation such as this but I don't think this was handled properly at all.

I am a very dissapointed customers .

A. Lefler

97a3b11
Had an experience with Chilis?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
anonymous

Feb 26

This is a general complaint site, it isn't Chili's web site. You should go to their site and let them know about the situation.

0 1 Reply
nonone

Feb 26 Atlanta, Georgia

Complain to them if you haven't. If you worked in retail, may be you should have just mentioned you want to pay with a gift card way before you order anything. Its' not their fault that something isn't working just out of nowhere.
It is inconvenient when you already have a plan to use a card, only you find out you have to use another method.

0 0 Reply

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Chilis.
Filing a new complaint about
×