Chilis - Dissaponting Visit To Chili's
I decided to treat my parents to a long overdue lunch at Chili's today.I had a coupon for a free appetizer, we ordered lunch, dessert drinks and coffee's. We were all having a great time until the gift card I planned to pay with was returned to me & it was explained that the system was down & if I had another form of payment. I asked what would happen if I did not ?
I was told that the managers would have to take it out of their own pockets. My dad feeling terrible if this were to happen started to reach for his wallet & since this was my idea in the first place I paid with my Credit card but I was not at all happy.
It was a great inconvenience to me to have to charge this when I had every intention of using the Chili's Gift card. I can't emphasis the huge inconvenience this is and will be to me . My funds are somewhat limited as I'm sure many others are so we are normaly very thrilled to get a Gift card to a favorite restaurant. This may not be the case from here on however.
I just don't understand how this can be an acceptable policy when the system is down. What would happen if half the customers in the restaurant had planned to use gift cards?
I work in retail myself and there are a number of other ways we would have handled this. Taking the card and holding on to it until the system was back up would have been my first thought.
Needless to say I was shocked & embarrased in front of my parents and wanted them to feel comfortable so I didn't even ask to see a manager.My parents have both suffered strokes recently and to try to explain to them what was happening would have been very taxing for all of us. My visit should have been a memorable one with my parents, a pleasant good memory and not the problem that it has become for me now.
Now I have to come up with $60.00 to pay off my charge card when I had a $50 gift card...I am not at all satisfied with today's visit. (02/25/2014 Tuesday Lunch)
I just want you to be aware of this, I don't know what your standard policy is in a situation such as this but I don't think this was handled properly at all.
I am a very dissapointed customers .
More Review Details
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I do like Vons, but I do Not like their Overly Inflated Prices on their Smoothies that they sell at their In-House Starbucks local store location. I do buy the same..."
- "This is the worst experience Ive ever had at a Golden Corral. I must comment on our hostess Sandra. Her customer service was AWESOME!! But she was clearly being over..."
- "TRAVELING AND STOPPED FOR THE NIGHT IN BLYTHEVILLE, ARK. ORDERED A PIZZA AND WINGS FROM PIZZA HUT. THEY SAID 30 TO 45 MINS. WELL AN HOUR LATER THEY FINALLY DELIVERED WHAT THEY..."
- "after a couple years the heater stopped heating and only put out sort of warm air. customer service sent out new bulbs and when i pulled out the old..."
- "i went to purebred breeders web site picked out a husky $1100 dollars they guaranteed the dogs health and said they knew the breeder for years very trustworthy ,,1 week..."
- "I have decided to write a review because I want the customers who shop the store to know what they will experience in terms of customer service and the quality..."
- "I ordered and for months never heard a thing. They didn't contact me at all. Finally I contacted them and they then told me my order would be processed. I..."
- "BUYERS PLEASE BE INFORMED!!! This company does not stand behind their product and has fraudulent and deceptive business practices! The two Swagway X1's I ordered were defective right out of..."